To renew or sign up for ground FireMed membership call, 800-982-9299 or visit Life Flight's website.
- Am I able to choose the hospital I am transported to?
Emergent medical transports are based upon medical need, not membership status, and transport patients to the closest medically appropriate facility as requested by the physician or Emergency Medical Services (EMS) agency.
- In case of an emergency, whom should I call?
If you have an emergency, call 911.
- What happens if I am flown by an air ambulance company that I do not have a membership with?
The Membership Program is owned by the organization. There is not a partnership or joint venture between the providers thus making them non-reciprocating. A non-reciprocating partner will not honor your membership. AirLink and LifeFlight are non-reciprocating. You must be a member of the program that flies you in order to be eligible for membership benefits.
- What happens if I am flown by the air ambulance company I have a membership with?
Your membership benefits will be honored.
- Who requests an air ambulance helicopter or fixed-wing transport?
Local 911 and ground ambulance, police, and fire crews generally request air ambulance services. The patient's physician and/or hospital usually request fixed-wing flights.
- Will my FireMed ground ambulance membership change?
No, the FireMed ground ambulance program will remain the same. Our FireMed ground partners have certified emergency medical personnel who specialize in advanced trauma and life support care. FireMed member households are covered by over 80 Oregon FireMed affiliates.